Polices & Procedures
**All services provided in smoke-free environments only**
1. We accept clients 20lbs or less. We will groom dogs up to 30lbs on a case by case basis and extra fees may apply $15.00 to $20.00. Extra fees may apply to any groom beyond 2.5 hours at a rate of $20.00 per 30 minutes. Prices given over the phone without visual confirmation are an estimate. The final price will be given upon completion of the first grooming session, and then a normalized price can be given for grooms kept on frequent 4 to 8 week intervals. Time of arrival is an estimate of +- 1 hour. Payment due immediately after service is rendered. For humane treatment of your fur baby, we do not de-mat beyond 30 minutes. Any de- matting beyond 5 minutes is considered excessive and will incur an additional charge. We will shave down dogs that are heavily matted. The owner understands in some cases this may change the texture of the coat and agree to hold Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming or its designee harmless from any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs, or expense whatsoever sustained as a result. Grooming session can last from 1 to 3.5 hours depending on the grooming request. Dogs in full coats, dense thick coats or have special handling instructions, such as shy or elderly dogs, take loner to groom and my incur additional charges. The grooming session is considered the hands on grooming time and does not include set-up/ break-down time.
2. For humane treatment of your fur baby, we do not de-mat beyond 30 minutes. Any dematting beyond 5 minutes is considered excessive and will incur an additional charge. We will shave down dogs that are heavily matted. The owner understands in some cases this may change the texture of the coat and agree to hold Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming or its designee harmless from any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs, or expense whatsoever sustained as a result.
3. The client agrees to give Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming access to a climate controlled room for grooming, electricity and water source such as a tub or sink that is waist high on the first floor. The client also agrees not to hold Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming or designee liable and harmless from any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs, or expense whatsoever sustained for any damage to the room, electricity, or water source as a result of the dog's or groomer's actions.
4. The client must provide an appropriate climate controlled room for the grooming that has electricity, ample lighting, waist high sink and that the client does not mind getting wet. First floor access is preferred. We do not climb stairs due to the weight of grooming supplies. Extra charges up to $40.00 maybe charged for climbing stairs to groom. The area must be reasonably quiet and free from distractions.
5. Clients must cancel appointments 24 hours prior to the scheduled groom. If appointments are cancelled less than 24 hours the client will be charged $30.00 minimum service fee that will be added to the cost of the next groom.
6. If the client cancels one appointments with less than 24 hours prior notice, all grooming fees will be due prior to the schedule of the next groom.
7. The client will be charged the full price of the groom if no one is home when groomer arrives at the residence and the client did not cancel the appointment. This fee must be paid prior to the schedule of the next appointment.
8. There is a $40.00 minimum charge for all services.
9. Must provide documentation of rabies vaccination prior to scheduled groom.
10. We accept cash, checks and debit cards* (must have internet coverage in area) for payments. There will be a 35.00 charge for all return checks that will be due prior to the schedule of the next groom.
11. All cleaning of the used area is surface cleaning and no deep cleaning is done.
12. An adult must always be present for the duration of the groom. Any other arraignments for key entry or grooming without client present must be obtained in writing prior to the arrival of the scheduled groom. Groomers are NOT responsible for individuals under the age of 18 and will NEVER groom unless an adult is present.
13. The owner agrees for Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming to photograph their pup and use those photographs in advertisement and marketing materials.
14. Grooming will stop if the dog becomes aggressive, stressed, seems to have any health conditions that interferes with grooming or for any reason the groomer deems sufficient. The client agrees to pay Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming the minimum charge of 30.00 if the groom cannot be completed for any reason.
15. Senior dogs may have medical condition that could be revealed during the groom or aggravated during or after the groom. The groomer may have to complete a “good enough” groom due to the dogs tolerance and or endurance. The owner agrees to hold Not 2 Shaggy Housecall Dog Grooming or its designee harmless from any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs, or expense whatsoever sustained as a result.
16. Not 2 Shaggy recommends that you never shave down your double coated dog unless he is severely matted. If the entire coat is matted, shave downs are the most humane action. Outside of heavy matting, the best action to take is a de-shed treatment. Now, if an owner just insist on shaving their double coated dog, the groomer will try their best to convince the owner to change their minds. However, if they persist, the groomer will shave the dog . Signing below is a waiver acknowledging that it is against the groomers better judgment and not in the best interest of the dog.
Shaving down a double coated dog will actually impair his ability to regulate his body temperature.
Without his double coat he will be more vulnerable to sun burns.
While the under coat usually grows back, sometimes the guard hairs do not or they may grow back in uneven patches. This will give the dog a scruffy look that may not correct itself. The older the dog is at the greater the risk of either the top coat or undercoat’s uneven growth.
17. Grooming at self serve areas: all terms and conditions of this service agreement apply. Owner understands that the pet must be picked up on time as there are no kennels and failure to do so will terminate service and no further appointment can be scheduled. Multiple pet owners can schedule on separate days or must have the time available to bring them at separate times as there are not kennels available to house dogs for pick-up.